(adapted) from Cooking Light
makes 12 servings (~6 WW points)
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 3/4 pound ground round
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 chopped onion
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 8 ounces fresh mushroom, chopped or sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (or basil), divided
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained, and chopped
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups nonfat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup (1 ounce) finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 (15-ounce) container nonfat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian provolone cheese
- Fresh oregano sprigs (optional)
PreparationPre-heat oven to 350°. Cook lasagna noodles for half the amount of time called for. Meanwhile, cook meat and 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes in a large saucepan over medium heat until browned, stirring to crumble; drain; set aside. Wipe pan with paper towel. Coat pan with cooking spray; add onion, garlic, and mushrooms; sauté 5 minutes. Return meat to pan. Add 2 tablespoons parsley (or basil) and next 7 ingredients; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes. Uncover; simmer 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
Combine remaining 2 tablespoons parsley (or basil), cottage cheese, and next 4 ingredients in a bowl; stir well; set aside.
Spread 3/4 cup tomato mixture in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 4 noodles over tomato mixture; top with half of cottage cheese mixture, 2 1/4 cups tomato mixture, and 2/3 cup provolone. Repeat layers, ending with noodles; spread remaining tomato mixture over noodles.
Cover; bake at 350° for 1 hour. Sprinkle with remaining provolone; bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with oregano, if desired.