Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Pesto Couscous

I've been meaning to post this for a few weeks and my procrastinating side got the best of me. I almost forgot about it until I saw Jessica's pesto recipe the other day I figured this would be perfect timing. You can certainly use whatever pesto you'd like but I would highly suggest using Jessica's recipe. This is a super quick brainless dish. It can be made a main dish with some veggies and meat thrown in or a side dish to practically anything else. I've found it's really good with pork chops.



Pesto Couscous
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups couscous dry
4-5 Tbsp pesto
Olive Oil
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp thyme
1/4 cup Parmesan- optional

Directions:
Prepare couscous according to package directions. Add garlic powder and thyme while cooking. Take off heat when cooked and toss with pesto. If it's too dry feel free to add more pesto. Drizzle with olive oil and top with grated Parmesan. Perfectly simple and good to your waistline!


2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Couscous is on my grocery list for our next trip to the store. Can't wait to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. I love love love cous. And so this is crazy that it's a way to incorporate two things I love that I have NEVER tried before!!!!! YAY! Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love!