Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I'm back, with Salmon :)

Where in the world have I been?! That's a good question! You're probably thinking that I'm not the most reliable person in the world, that's alright, I look like a flake. Really it's just been a season of non-cooking. Dieting and hot weather definitely doesn't make me want to cook. So I got in a slump. But I'm here! Don't let me fail!! Hold me to it, I wanna be here!!! So on to the food. Considering it's blazing hot here in Albuquerque I absolutely don't want to turn on the stove or oven. This is the time of year I'll grill everything.... or get take out. Instead of take out I turned on the grill and made the EASIEST salmon I've ever made. You could do this with any fish really, but salmon is just so wonderful! And very very diet friendly. So if you managed to sit through that entirely too long blog post and are still interested here's the recipe!!


Salmon a La Easy
Ingredients:
1 large salmon fillet- cut into 4 steaks
1 lemon- sliced and seeded
Garlic- 2 Tbsp minced
Salt- to taste
Pepper- to taste
Olive Oil- 2-3 Tbsp
Fresh Basil- handful chiffonade (long strips)

Directions:
Season the salmon steaks with salt and pepper. Cover each steak with a generous amount of olive oil and rub them with garlic. Sprinkle the basil over each one and place a lemon slice on each steak. You can let this sit in the fridge all day or 1/2 an hour, your choice. If they look dry put more oil on, you can't hurt em! Make four foil packets. Fold three edges of a square piece of foil, leaving one end open. Pour a little oil in the packet so the fish won't stick. Place a piece of salmon in each packet and close it up! When your grill is hot and ready take each salmon packet and place them on the grill. I grilled mine on low for about 8-10 minutes. Close it up and leave it alone! Take them off the grill when the meat is still pink but firm. If you overcook them the meat will be dry and lacking in flavor. Take them out of the foil, pour the juices out of the foil onto the fish and ENJOY! I served mine with brown rice and green beans. I cooked the green beans in foil packets on the grill as well!!! Easy peasy!!!!

Marinate
Place salmon in packet
Close it up.
Put on the grill until cooked!
Easy easy easy!!


7 comments:

  1. You're back at the perfect time with the perfect recipe. I literally yelled, "YEA!" when I saw your post.

    We have a whole bag of frozen salmon we need to eat and I was getting bored with the same ol' ways we've been making it. HOORAY for this!

    Long story short, the salmon's been thawing in the fridge and I'm making this for dinner. And by "I'm making this" really means, I'll make it and the husband will grill it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!!! I'm so glad you like it :) I won't disappear again, I promise!! Silly silly thing to do! It's so good, and so flippin easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel ya! I let blogging slide for awhile this summer too. Oh the laziness! Glad you're back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks really good, and really easy! You know I like easy!!! I will give it a try! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. made it last night and LOVED it. Definitely going on salmon rotation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you liked it!!! You know the cool thing about this is you could change around ALL the ingredients and do a million different flavors with this! So good :) And hardly any clean up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! I love salmon and I love grilling during the hot months. Thanks for sharing and welcome back!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love!