Friday, June 3, 2011

Sublime Doughnuts {a review}

Sorry for the lack of posts lately! I've been traveling and I think Amanda's been under the weather lately. Traveling combined with trying to sell our house means that I'm spending as little time in the kitchen as possible. Hopefully I'll get back in there soon! 

If you haven't heard, today is National Doughnut Day! I'm kicking myself for not talking about it earlier, especially on the food blog of all places, but a couple weeks ago I went to BlogHer Food in Atlanta and had an absolute blast! I posted this on my personal blog, and realized that I should have posted it here, too. Luckily, seeing as how it's National Doughnut Day and all, today is the perfect excuse to repost it...and get a doughnut today!

Sublime Doughnuts in Atlanta, Georgia

As we were chatting with our new friends from BlogHer Food at dinner our last night, I overheard this from the other end of the table: "They have red velvet, Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, nutella donuts, and so many other flavors I can't even remember. You have to check out Sublime Doughnuts before you leave."


Wait. Hold the phone. There's a specialty doughnut shop minutes from where we were sitting? Half a second after hearing about this magical place, I turned around to tell Natalie about it. I muttered "specialty doughnuts" and before I could even finish my sentence she agreed that we had to go there. 

I should mention that the next morning we were going to take a nice, healthy trip to Whole Foods before dropping me off at the airport. But the doughnuts won. Doughnuts always win. 



The next morning we picked up our fellow food friend, Mandy from Home with Mandy, and headed towards Sublime Doughnuts. We walked in and were almost overwhelmed with choices stacked in the display case. Almost.


Since we couldn't decide on just one doughnut, we decided to each picked four different flavors to try. Then out of nowhere Mandy, bless her heart, bought them for us! While she was picking up the tab we picked up for some forks and started tasting. The three of us made “mmmm” and “yummm” noises with every bite and before we knew it, they were half gone. 



My favorite was the one right smack dab in the middle of the picture: the strawberries in cream. It was the lightest and least sweet out of all the donuts, and now I'm craving another one...I know I'm weird; I like things that aren't too sweet. I don't remember which doughnuts Natalie and Mandy liked (I was too consumed with trying all of them), but maybe they'll tell you in the comments. 

click to enlarge!
So now that I've completely enticed you with donuts, I have two questions for you: 
1. Do you spell it doughnuts or donuts? Personally, I like "donuts," but that's because I'm lazy.
2. What flavor would you try if you had a chance?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love!